I bought a Cricut cutting machine earlier this year and I haven’t had much time to get to work with it, but I decided to make the paper hearse and coffin project for the Corrugated Sky book table at HallowRead. I cut the pieces out last week and they’ve been dutifully collecting dust, but last night I started assembling the coffin. I had some double-sided tape and thought that would be less messy than white glue, so I cut some teeny pieces and stuck the coffin and its lid together.
And then this morning I found the piece sprung apart. Either the tape is just so old it’s dried out, or it’s just not strong enough for assembling card stock projects. I tried putting larger pieces of tape on the coffin, but that lasted only a little while before it gave up the ghost (ha ha). So, out came the ol’ reliable Elmer’s glue. Though I must say I probably got more glue on my fingers than the card stock, even though I tried to be neat about it. I guess that’s what I get for starting detail-oriented art projects at 11:53 p.m.
I have three pieces of the hearse together and need to finish it tomorrow. Thursday night is for getting ourselves organized for the event and having dinner and just relaxing. Friday is writing workshops, so we don’t really have to have our table stuff ready until Saturday, when we’ll be signing and selling books. We’ll also have some themed bookmarks to tie in to our book subjects.